Claims & Excesses
Making a new claim or existing claim enquiries:
- Where possible, have your policy number and expiry date with you before you contact us.
- Contact the specialist motorcycle claims team as soon as possible. Phone 1300 365 354, fax 1300 361 210, email email@example.com
- Go to the QBE Motorcycle Claims page https://www.qbe.com/au/claims/motorcycle
- Lodge your claim online https://www.qbe.com/au/online-claims
- Obligations - as the insured party, you have an obligation to take appropriate action to limit or prevent further damage after the initial incident.
- Where required to do so by law, or if the incident is significant, report all matters to the Police.
- If your bike is unable to be ridden, or if you feel it may sustain further damage if ridden, please call for a tow truck. If you have gotten your bike home after an incident, call QBE and we will arrange for a motorcycle specialist to collect your bike and take it to a recommended bike repairer.
- If you are unable to contact QBE, please deliver your bike at the nearest secure location and contact us as soon as possible.
Refer to section 4 of the Policy and PDS for what excesses you may have to pay
- Standard bike excess $500 or $600 for Sports bikes - Your standard excess is printed on your schedule.
- Age Excess - under age 25 - $500 - If the rider is under 25 years of age
- Undeclared rider excess - $500 - If someone else is riding your bike who isn't named on the policy.
- Inexperienced rider excess - $300 - applies if the rider hasn't held an Australian motorcycle licence for 3 or more years
- Imposed excess - if you and/or other named riders have, riding / driving history which includes disclosure(s) that generate an imposed excess - If your policy has an imposed excess it will be printed on your schedule.
- Named rider excess - your riding / driving history includes disclosure(s) that generate an imposed excess - If you have a named rider excess it will be printed on your schedule.
- Rider Training Excess - $500.00 - applies when you are attending an approved rider traing course. If your policy has a rider training excess it will be printed on your schedule.
- Voluntary excess - if you choose to have a higher excess in exchange for a premium discount (only applies to Comprehensive Cover) - If you have a voluntary excess it will be printed on your schedule.
- Standard excess reduction - You can elect to reduce your standard excess by paying a higher premium (only applies to Comprehensive Cover) - If your standard excess is reduced it will be printed on your schedule.
- Additional T9 Theft Excess -$500 or $1000. These apply when you motorcycle is not securely garaged at night and / or if your bike is garaged within certain postcodes or exceeds a certain value. If you have a T9 Theft excess, it will be printed on your policy schedule